Winning Decisions
Get Along without Giving In

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
Robert Evans

When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe.
John Muir

The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them.
Albert Einstein

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.
Henry L. Mencken

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi

Are you looking for alternatives to

  • divisive rhetoric?
  • having to choose either a rock or a hard place?
  • personal attacks?
  • pressure from people seeking personal gain?
  • following the path offered by others?
  • 51% overriding or ignoring the needs and desires of the other 49%?

It's been said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over while hoping for a different result. We're exploring alternatives to help people get along with giving in.

We're working on a free web app to guide groups and individuals through the decision-making process described on the methods page. Contact us if you'd like to help. No special skills needed. The only requirement is a desire learn.

Mark Twain quipped, It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native criminal class except Congress. After working with maximum security prisoners as an Alternatives to Violence Project facilitor, I started wondering if politicians could also learn these fundamental communication and collaboration skills. Explore some possibilities at Vote Your Hopes.